Desert Cross offers many opportunities to serve our church and community!
Whatever your gifts, there is a place for you to serve. Please speak with one of our pastors or a staff member if you would like to see where your gifts and talents can be used! Opportunities to serve outside of Desert Cross can be found on in the Local Opportunities page.
Ways to Serve at Desert Cross:
- Help with worship! Volunteer as a worship assistant. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together! More information about being involved with worship is available on the Worship Assistant subpage.
- Help with Sunday Education. Volunteer as a Sunday School teacher/assistant. Please contact Shannon Fossett if you would like to get involved.
- Make our sanctuary an inviting place for each season. Join our Altar Guild (available at both sites) or our Creative Spaces team (in Tempe).
- Volunteer in the church office. We occasionally need assistance with church-wide mailings, data entry, covering phones, placing newsletters in mailboxes, and other light clerical work. Please contact Dawn Collins in the church office if you are interested.
- Help with minor repairs/maintenance. Please contact Doug Bjotvedt in the church office to share your skills.
- Help with landscaping. Please contact Doug Bjotvedt in the church office if you are interested.
- Are you a photographer? A graphic artist? Would you like to lend your skills to creating or updating our files? Please contact Maegan Jennett if you are interested.
- Help with Vacation Bible School. Help prepare ahead of VBS or volunteer as a crew or station leader/assistant the week of VBS. Please contact Shannon Fossett if you are interested.
- Help with Advent and/or Lenten meals. During these seasons we meet in the fellowship halls for a meal together before mid-week worship services. Please contact Denise McClellan to voluneer in Tempe and Deb Christiansen to volunteer in Gilbert.
- Volunteer with the Prayer Shawl Ministry. We invite those who are gifted with knitting or crocheting skills to make prayer shawls for members of the congregation. Prayer shawls act as a warm hug to those who are struggling and remind them of God's love for them. Please contact Denise Viker for more information or if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
- Serve on a Committee/Team!
- Hospitality Teams (Tempe and Gilbert)
- Outreach Committee (Tempe and Gilbert)
- Church Council
- Gilbert Chamber
- Finance Committee
- Endowment Committee
- Stewardship Team
- Funeral Committee
Please use the contact form below letting us know where your talents would be best utilized.